Clinical CentreBack to Projects list
The old building of the municipal hospital, erected during the war years 1943-1945, makes a striking impact in the general ensemble of hospital buildings. The design is intended to reinforce this effect, not attempting to blend in with its surroundings but accentuating the location and giving identity to the otherwise poor collection of buildings.
The addition of two floors requires careful alteration to the facades, which does not, however, impair the typical character of the building, but preserves it using modern techniques. The classic division of the facades into base, shaft and capital is maintained and reinforced.